Teacher training in EDC/HRE – how to develop the ability of students to assess information from media and social networks?
Belarus, Georgia, Lithuania and the Russian Federation
- The aim of the project was to develop learners’ analytical and critical thinking competences towards online information.
- Comparative assessment of exisiting legislation, curriculum, training programmes and approaches, guidelines and competencies for the use of the internet and social networks in a safe and responsible way;
- Development and piloting of twelve training lessons (three per country) for working in the field of media;
- Teachers are provided with pedagogical resources for strengthening learners' analytical and critical thinking towards digital information;
- An international conference to share the learning and outcomes with other member states and with European and international partners.
A tool for teachers to develop learners' analytical and critical competences towards online information.
Natia Natsvlishvili, Teacher at Tbilisi University, Georgia, underlines how the subject of this pilot project addresses one of the most important skills needed in today’s society, and stresses that it was the exchange of views and experiences between the partner countries that has enabled them to develop the methodological tool for teachers.