Resilience through Education for Democratic Citizenship (REDE)
- Ludwig Boltzmann Institute for Human Rights, Austria
- University of Applied Sciences Salzburg, Department for Social Work and Social Innovation, Austria
- Association "Les Militants des Savoirs", France
- Institute of Public Affairs, Poland
- to identify, evaluate and disseminate innovative methods for democratic competences of teachers, social workers and trainers (NGOs) who work with young people with the aim of strengthening resilience against radicalisation and anti-democratic extremism.
- to bring together university teachers, trainers and social workers who work with young people outside the school environment, with the aim of further developing their competences for democratic culture (CDC), knowledge on human rights and intercultural dialogue contributing in this way to a higher resilience to radicalisation and extremism among social/youth workers and young people.
- Country reports on the status of implementation of the Reference Framework of Competences for Democratic Culture (RFCDC) will be prepared by analysing curricula in the participating countries (one report per country: Austria, France and Poland).
- A methodology to strengthen resilience against conspiracy theories, hate speech, anti-democratic radicalisation and extremism will be developed.
- Testing of innovative approaches to strengthen resilience against conspiracy theories, hate speech, anti-democratic radicalisation and extremism will be carried out.
- An assessment of innovative approaches to strengthen resilience against conspiracy theories, hate speech, anti-democratic radicalisation and extremism will be made.
- A handbook for university teachers and social workers will be developed to provide guidance and tools for teaching democratic skills and for strengthening resilience to radicalisation.
- Training sessions, roundtables and conferences:
- Two-day training sessions will be held in the participating countries. Peer-to-peer activities will be carried out.
- Roundtables with experts involved in the project and experts from the school sector and from social work in schools will be organised.
- A final conference to showcase the results and impact of the project will be organised in Strasbourg gathering key stakeholders and participants involved in the project.