Sharing Knowledge, Handling Controversy in schools of Greece, North Macedonia and Bulgaria (SKHC)
- ANTIGONE – Information and Documentation Centre on Racism, Ecology, Peace and Non-Violence, Greece – Leading partner
- Amalipe Center for Interethnic Dialogue and Tolerance, Bulgaria – Implementing partner
- Journalists for Human Rights, North Macedonia – Implementing partner
Resource/publication to be used
Develop a peaceful and inclusive school environment within the three partnership countries (Bulgaria, Greece, North Macedonia), with the use of human rights education (HRE) and specifically with the use of the Council of Europe handling controversy training tool “Managing controversy. Developing a Strategy for Handling Controversy and Teaching Controversial Issues in Schools”.
Empower the local teaching community and educational stakeholders to address controversy in schools and put into practice nonformal education on human rights.
Raise local school communities’ awareness of the relevance of human rights education to manage controversial issues.
- The “Managing Controversy” training tool will be translated into Macedonian and Bulgarian. It will be printed and disseminated in the broad educational communities of Greece, North Macedonia and Bulgaria.
- One 8-hour training curriculum based on “Managing Controversy” toolkit will be jointly developed by the partnership organisations’ educational experts. This common curriculum will be designed taking into consideration the three countries’ local contexts, policies, controversies, existing good practices, expectations and needs.
- Twenty-four 8-hour online training workshops for the teaching community will be organised in six different regions of the three partner countries (8 in each partner country).
- One new educational toolkit will be produced in four languages (Bulgarian, English, Greek, Macedonian). It will include the 8-hour training curriculum together with feedback collection by the training workshops implemented in the three countries (6 regions).
- Information on the project activities and the content will be disseminated on the partners’ websites and social media accounts, as well as via articles or interviews.
- One Final Online Event will take place for networking and dissemination of results.