Education for democracy through digital tools and NFE (non-formal education)
- AEGEE-Europe, Belgium
- Activities will be carried out in Hungary, Italy, Poland, Spain, Turkey and Ukraine
- To promote Education for Democratic Citizenship and Human Rights Education (EDC/HRE) by making high school pupils in different European regions (Southern and Eastern Europe) acquainted with Competences for Democratic Culture (CDC) through non-formal education and peer learning.
- Online games and digital instruments are used as tools to support the development of CDC and EDC/HRE
- Tools, instruments and materials developed and promoted within the framework of the project “Democratic Culture in Action - Democratic Competences in the digital era” are piloted to further disseminate the Council of Europe Reference Framework of Competences for Democratic Culture (RFCDC) and to contribute to its implementation through non-formal education and peer-learning.
- Training: a pool of youth workers and youth leaders will be trained on the RFCDC and on how to support students to develop CDC.
- Online game: an online game for active citizenship to support students’ development of CDC will be produced.
- Toolkit: a toolkit on how to promote EDC/HRE through non-formal methods in formal education will be developed and made available.
- Policy paper: a policy paper on the application of digital tools for the development of CDC will be prepared.
- Workshops: workshops on CDC in the digital context will be carried out in the participating countries.
- Awareness raising events: 30 “offline” events to promote the online game for active citizenship and 30 “offline” events to promote the Council of Europe Charter on EDC/HRE and the RFCDC will be organised.
- Closing event: a closing event will be organised in Brussels to highlight project results, promote good practices and share lessons learned.