North Macedonia - Teachers for Education, Democracy and Human Rights
Association Leaders for education, activism and development (LEAD), North Macedonia
Resource/publication to be used
Contribute to the improvement of human rights education practices in primary and secondary schools in North Macedonia.
Improve the competencies of Primary and Secondary teachers to teach controversial subjects and use their skills on this topic in their classrooms.
Raise the awareness of key educational institutions and the public about the introduction of human rights education in the curricula of the formal educational system and about the importance of teaching controversial issues.
- The Training pack “Teaching controversial issues” will be translated, adapted and disseminated in Macedonian language.
- An online training course (2 days) will be conducted to build the capacities of 30 teachers on how to use the training pack “Teaching controversial issues”.
- 30 individual plans on how to handle controversial issues will be developed by the trained teachers, to conduct follow-up activities with their students.
- 60 follow-up sessions will be organised in primary and high schools about controversial issues to pilot the individual plans developed by the trained teachers.
- A national conference will be organised with key stakeholders, a position paper will be drafted on the situation of EDC/HRE in North Macedonia, and one video material will be created for advocacy and awareness raising purposes.