Call for Proposals 2017-2018
This call for proposals will support projects designed to contribute to building democratic and inclusive societies through helping develop a culture of democracy by promoting education for democratic citizenship and human rights education in States party to the European Cultural Convention.
In particular, it will focus on:
- Thematic Priority 1: Digital citizenship education in relation to the implementation of the Council of Europe Framework of Competences for Democratic Culture and its guiding documents
Participating countries are invited to support teachers in teaching and testing competences for digital citizenship for the promotion of democratic values and fundamental rights, non-discrimination, as well as active citizenship, and facilitate the acquisition of these competences based on the Council of Europe Framework of Competences for Democratic Culture. Information on the Framework is available at the following address: www.coe.int/competences and on Digital Citizenship Education at the following address: www.coe.int/dce.
- Thematic Priority 2: Building democratic and inclusive school culture by embedding the learning environment in the local community (whole school/community approach)
The participating countries are invited to develop mechanisms to foster inclusion and a sense of belonging to a community for groups which face a high risk of exclusion, such as migrants, refugees, minorities and other vulnerable groups by creating opportunities to embed the learning environment in the local community based on a whole school/community approach.
Deadline: 12 February 2018 (at 23:00, EET, GMT +2)
Reference: 2017 EDC/HRE DISCO
- Call for project proposals
- Appendix I – Project Proposal Form
- Appendix II – Provisional budget
- Appendix III – Logframe
- Appendix IV - Application Form
- Appendix V – Template Grant Agreement (for information)
How to apply?
- See the application procedure and the list of documents to be provided under Section V "How to Apply?" of the Call for Proposals.
- Send all documents completed and signed in electronic form (Word and/or PDF) to the following e-mail address only: DISCO2017.Applications@coe.int. Emails should contain the following reference in subject: Application - Democratic and Inclusive School Culture in Operation – Call for Proposals 1.
- Applications must be received before 12 February 2018 (at 23:00, EET, GMT +2). Applications received after the above mentioned date will not be considered.
DISCO2017.Questions@coe.int with the following reference in subject: Questions - Democratic and Inclusive School Culture in Operation - Call for Proposals 1.