Routes4U e-learning | Module 5
Marketing strategies in the EU macro-regions: Cultural Routes and marketing of the macro-regional strategies
The fifth module of the Routes4U e-learning course provides relevant information on marketing strategies in the EU macro-regions through the Cultural Routes of the Council of Europe. It includes videos, check lists, infographics and various materials for further studying. Participants' learning progress is evaluated via exercises and assignments: they will obtain a personalised certificate of attendance upon successful completion of the module's test.
- Who is this course for? The course is open to anyone interested in the Cultural Routes of the Council of Europe programme. There is no specific background knowledge required.
- Duration: 120 minutes
- Language: English
- Certificate: Yes, upon successful completion of the test
- Launching (estimate): February 2020
What will you learn?
- What is the nature of marketing and how has it gradually evolved from the marketing of physical goods to marketing of services, ideas, people, tourism, regions, arts and cultural heritage?
- Which are the specifics of marketing applied within the Cultural Routes of the Council of Europe in the framework of the EU macro-regional strategies?
- How to define, address and develop audiences of the Cultural Routes through segmentation, targeting, differentiation and positioning?
- What is a “marketing mix” and how can we define its basic elements and extended variables?
- What is the difference between product and brand? What does the branding stand for?
- How to differentiate between brand levels of the Cultural Routes and those of the macro-regional strategies?
- What are basic brand elements, how to develop and manage brands?
- What is the purpose of a marketing plan and how shall it be designed?
Moreover, best practices of existing Cultural Routes will be presented.
Structure of the module
1. Introduction into marketing of Cultural Routes within EU macro-regional strategies
> Marketing and its evolution from business to non-business sectors
> Marketing in the context of the Cultural Routes
2. Audiences development and Cultural Routes
> Defining audiences of Cultural Routes
> Marketing research
> STPD marketing
> Audience development
3. Marketing mix of Cultural Routes within the EU macro-regional strategies
> What is the marketing mix?
> Elements of the marketing mix
> Basic marketing mix variables
> Extended marketing mix variables
4. Branding Cultural Routes within the EU macro-regional strategies
> The concepts of branding
> The brand strategy within marketing
> Brand elements
> Different brand levels within Cultural Routes and the EU macro-regional strategies
> Key factors in macro-regional brand development
> Brand management
> How to clarify the meaning behind the brans
> How to build a strong brand for a Cultural Route
> Marketing planning