Routes4U contributes to the cultural cooperation and provides a platform for regional, transnational and international stakeholders.
In line with the Faro Convention, the project promotes the importance of local citizens and their affinity with their region as essential to understanding and rediscovering the cultural identity of the sites.
It will stimulate new activities, encouraging the cultural heritage and tourism sector in a sustainable way and ensuring that economic use does not threaten the cultural heritage itself.
Strengthen sustainable social, cultural and economic development in the four EU macro-regions through the Cultural Routes of the Council of Europe
Enhance the cultural cooperation between local, national, and international stakeholders of the four EU Macro-regions
Reinforce the participation of the civil society, ensuring the potential of cultural heritage as a resource for sustainable development
Specific objectives include:
- Foster sustainable growth for creative industries and tourism sector in the EU macro-regions
- Strengthen the cultural tourism sector and develop cultural routes projects in the EU macro-regions
- Improve the visibility of the Cultural Routes of the Council of Europe in the EU macro-regions
- Encourage regional investment along the Cultural Routes of the Council of Europe
Sustainable Cultural Tourism
- Cultural Routes digital platform to discover Cultural Routes landmark sites and organise a journey in the EU macro-regions
- Cultural Routes card with discounts and advantages
- Trainings and e-learning modules for Cultural Routes, regional and local authorities.
- Assistance to cultural routes projects identified in the EU macro-regions.
Good practices and guidelines
- Identification of practices and tools in use in the EU macro-regions.
- Proposal of trans-sectorial guidelines for the implementation of Cultural Routes of the Council of Europe.
The project aims at very concrete tools to foster regional development through cultural heritage policies. Among the highlighted activities, the identification and drafting of guidelines for transnational regional policies on Cultural Routes for local authorities and operators, the development of new competencies and skills through e-learning modules and development of tourism tools and products such as a Cultural Routes card and a trip planner.