On 7-10 December 2020, Germany hosted the 3rd European Youth Work Convention as it held EU Council Presidency and Chairmanship of the Committee of the Ministers of the Council of Europe. The EU-Council of Europe youth partnership was among the many partners and contributors to organising the 3rd Convention.
The Convention took stock of the developments in youth work in Europe since the last Conventions in 2010 and 2015, both hosted by Belgium.
It will also support the community of youth work practice in Europe to launch the implementation of the European Youth Work Agenda – a policy framework drawing on the Council of Europe Recommendation (CM/Rec(2017)4 and its Youth Sector Strategy 2030 and the EU Youth Strategy 2019-2027.
The EU-Council of Europe youth partnership is hosting the contents of the last two conventions and contributed to the organisation of the 3rd European Youth Work Convention with a series of research, policy, and youth work education initiatives.
If you missed the first edition of the Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) on Youth Work Essentials. Have a look at the library of video interviews A day in the life of a youth worker, and the three webinar video and graphic recordings
The last webinar explored the challenges and future of youth work, with Axel Stammberger from the German Federal Ministry Ministry for Family Affairs, Senior Citizens, Women and Youth introducing the 3rd European Youth Work Convention and the European Youth Work Agenda process.
Listen to the MOOC Podcasts exploring various aspects of youth work and its link to policy and research.
Youth knowledge resources on youth work developed by the EU-Council of Europe youth partnership
- Youth Knowledge Book 26: Youth Worker Education in Europe. Policies, structures practices
- Youth Knowledge Book 25: The History of Youth Work in Europe, volume 7, exploring the contribution of international youth movements and organisations and drawing on the lessons learned from the project
- Youth work essentials
- Youth work in eastern Europe: Realities, perspectives and inspiring initiatives
- Quality development of youth work in Southeast Europe
- Perspectives on youth series
- Knowledge Hub on Covid19 impact on the youth sector
- Youth Work country sheets on the European Knowledge Centre for Youth Policy
- Explore Coyote articles related to youth work recognition and development
- The series of thematic youth work educational and methodological publications, including the T-Kits and handbooks