The EU-Council of Europe youth partnership is running the second edition of the MOOC on Essentials of Youth Work from 17 May 2021 with instructors and from mid-July in a self-directed course. The resources of the MOOC are accessible until 20 September 2021.
After the successful first edition of the course, we are welcoming learners from all over the world again with an updated course content. We included the outcomes of the European Youth Work Convention and other recent youth policy developments in the course and you can learn more about the implementation of the European Youth Work Agenda.
With this MOOC we aim to:
- Make youth work known to a wide audience and draw attention to its social value
- Provide an overview of youth work practices and policies across Europe
- Present current developments in this field, including at European level.
By the end of this course, participants will:
- become more familiar with the “basics” of youth work (concepts and definitions, forms, practices, approaches, objectives, actors at European and national levels)
- gain an overview of how youth work is supported (through policies and strategies, youth work research, education of youth workers, funding, etc.)
- get inspired by the diverse good practices existing in Europe on different aspects of youth work
- reflect on the future of youth work in Europe and on how to engage in youth work developments.
Who is this MOOC for:
In this MOOC, the profiles of learners range across:
- Students involved in youth work studies or learners involved in non-formal education processes related to youth work
- Volunteer or paid youth workers
- Youth work managers
- Responsible persons for planning youth work at municipal level
- Youth organisations and other youth platforms
- Those involved in youth work policy making or in funding youth work
- Youth workers’ education providers
- Other persons interested in exploring the subject.