With this MOOC we aim to:
- Make youth work known to a wide audience and draw attention to its social value
- Provide an overview of youth work practices and policies across Europe
- Present current developments in this field, including at European level.
By the end of this course, participants will:
- become more familiar with the “basics” of youth work (concepts and definitions, forms, practices, approaches, objectives, actors at European and national levels)
- gain an overview of how youth work is supported (through policies and strategies, youth work research, education of youth workers, funding, etc.)
- get inspired by the diverse good practices existing in Europe on different aspects of youth work
- reflect on the future of youth work in Europe and on how to engage in youth work developments.
Who is this MOOC for:
In this MOOC, the profiles of learners range across:
- Students involved in youth work studies or learners involved in non-formal education processes related to youth work
- Volunteer or paid youth workers
- Youth work managers
- Responsible persons for planning youth work at municipal level
- Youth organisations and other youth platforms
- Those involved in youth work policy making or in funding youth work
- Youth workers’ education providers
- Other persons interested in exploring the subject.