The Pro Safe Sport + online resource centre is a one stop-shop for the development of preventive and protective policies and measures in Europe. It is a tool to support public authorities, sport organisations and other interested stakeholders in their efforts to stop child sexual abuse in sport
The PSS+ online resource centre is built upon the analysis of the existing standards and norms to prevent sexual violence against children in sport. These guidelines and recommendations can roughly be classified into one overarching theme and four areas of action.
- Developing and implementing a child protection strategy (overarching theme)
- Developing educational programmes
- Awareness raising initiatives
- Codes of conduct and codes of ethics
- Minimizing risk
- Support systems and case management
For each topic, you will find a general guiding principle, along with some concrete guidelines and tips for action, and examples of practices and initiatives.