Below are links to Council of Europe legal instruments, monitoring mechanisms and other bodies which underpin the Horizontal Facility activities.
Theme I - Ensuring Justice
Theme II - Fighting Corruption, Economic Crime and Organised Crime
Theme III - Promoting Anti-Discrimination and Protection of the Rights of Vulnerable Groups
- Commissioner for Human Rights of the Council of Europe
- European Commission against Racism and Intolerance (ECRI)
- Framework Convention for the Protection of National Minorities (FCNM)
- European Charter for Regional or Minority Languages (ECRML)
- Group of Experts on Action against Trafficking in Human Beings (GRETA)
Theme IV - Freedom of expression and freedom of the media
All activities under the Horizontal Facility will be conducted with a human rights approach, incorporating principles of gender equality - in accordance with the Council of Europe’s Gender Mainstreaming Guidelines - as well as non-discrimination, equality and inclusive participation, focusing on vulnerable groups and minorities. Co‑operation with civil society organisations will be furthermore be ensured in accordance with the Council of Europe’s Guidelines on Civil Society Organisations’ participation in Council of Europe’s co-operation activities and in line with the European Commission Guidelines for EU support to civil society in enlargement countries.