Routes4U Grant | Phoenicians' Route for EUSAIR
In the Adriatic-Ionian Region, the Phoenicians' Route develops its branding strategy in line with the overall branding strategy for the EU strategy for the Adriatic-Ionian Region (EUSAIR). The brand contribute to increase the competitiveness of the Cultural Route of the Council of Europe and to develop new products and service.
- Build the Adriatic-Ionian ‘brand’ linked to a cultural tourism product based on the identity that it intends to create;
- Diversify and expand the cruise and nautical sectors into coastal hinterland economies, therefore start the design of the connection systems to be realized through agreements between private companies;
- Establish a R&D platform with universities, research centres and the business community to develop new tourist products and services;
- Promote new tourist routes for walking, cycling and sailing, etc.;
- Embrace the Adriatic and Ionian cultural heritage by working together with the cultural sector;
- Improve access to tourism products and services for senior groups, disabled people, low income groups, etc.
- Network of Museums and archaeological areas: Identification and selection of 20-25 museums and / or archaeological sites in Croatia , Greece and Italy that link to the themes developed by the Route;
- Branding and coordinated image in line with the Adriatic-Ionian ‘brand’: Design and realization of a kit composed by a corner, a card (the Smart Way card), promotional material (leaflets) and a publication (brochure) to be distributed to each museum / archaeological area;
- Design of “Smart Ways”: Identify the attractive resources in the areas involved, enhance the existing through networking activities and sustainable integrated production chain in which the "Way" chosen acts as a collector of heritages, communities and single services, developing a territorial quality brand;
- Strategic and Territorial Marketing: Develop marketing actions based on Sustainable and Creative Tourism to promote and sell the "Way" through the territorial quality brand “Phoenicians’ Route – Routes4U” via actions through the collaboration of tour operators and cooperation with national and regional tourism boards.