A launch event with stakeholders was organised on 21 September in the premises of the Palace of Serbia in Belgrade within the framework of the Joint EU-CoE ROMACTED Phase II Programme.
The event gathered together EU Delegation in Serbia, international stakeholders, central-level partners and municipal representatives. Besides the presentation of ROMACTED Phase I and Phase II, the participants discussed the incoming implementation of the Phase II components as well as the topic on 'Advancing Human Rights and sustainability of action at local level'.
The essential debate, moderated by the EUD, was held among the representatives of the Programme, Regional Cooperation Council/ Roma Integration Action Team, United Nation Development Program (UNDP), Standing Conference of Towns and Municipalities (SKGO), German Society for International Co-operation (GIZ), and the Unit for Social Inclusion and Poverty Reduction (SIPRU). A substantial contribution was given by the representatives from the 14 partner cities and municipalities in Serbia.
The event is part of the six-month launching period in Serbia, which started in April 2021. The activities organised in this regard are:
- 7 April: Overcoming Antigypsyism in Europe
- 25 June: Affirmation of institutional support to the Programme
- 14 June – 8 July: Presentation of the Programme at local level
- 23 July: Working breakfast with the Heads of Missions, Minister of the Ministry of Human and Minority Rights and Social Dialogue and the UN Coordinator
- 28 July: Training of facilitators
- 22 September: National workshop on Participatory Local Strategic Planning
A high-level event will take place in October in Belgrade (subject to confirmation due to the COVID-19 pandemic) and will hence be the final event of the launching period of the Programme in Serbia. The event will include the ceremonial part of signatures of Protocol of Cooperation between the 14 cities/municipalities, Ministry of Human and Minority Rights and Social Dialogue and the Council of Europe.