29 Jun 2020 21:37:00Strasbourg 29 June 2020
ROMACTED Programme aims at building up political will and sustained policy engagement of local...
29 Jun 2020 13:54:00Tirana 24 June 2020
24 June is recognised as the International Day of Balkan Egyptians in memory of the first...
11 May 2020 14:22:00Tirana 11 May 2020
Upon the preparation of the Guideline on Roma Responsive Budgeting at Local Level in Albania, the...
22 Apr 2020 15:16:00Tirana 8 April 2020
This year’s International Roma Day was commemorated at a moment when the world is coming together...
30 Mar 2020 19:16:00Tirana 30 March 2020
Following an assessment of needs and mapping of each local context, Roma facilitators have called...
14 Feb 2020 11:25:00Elbasan 12 - 13 February 2020
A two-day workshop on “Roma Responsible Budgeting at Local Level” took place in Elbasan, Albania...
05 Feb 2020 15:31:00Korca and Vlora 5 - 6 February 2020
On the 10th anniversary of the entering into force of the Law on Protection from Discrimination...
21 Nov 2019 17:04:00Tirana 14 November 2019
Central and local level programme beneficiaries, the European Union and Council of Europe...
24 Jun 2019 13:28:00Skopje 18 June 2019
The meeting gathered together representatives from the Directorate-General for Neighborhood and...
09 May 2019 16:14:00Tirana 25 April 2019
The Second Advisory Group Meeting of the joint EU/CoE ROMACTED Programme took place in Tirana on...
25 Mar 2019 16:44:00
Brisilda Taco awarded as a Winner of the “Unknown Heroes” EU Award for Roma Integration in the Western Balkan and TurkeyStrasbourg 25 March 2019
Brisilda Taco, the nominee of the joint EU/CoE ROMACTED Programme was awarded with the second...
12 Feb 2019 19:07:00Tirana 12 February 2019
The second national workshop “Developing Joint Action Plans for Roma Integration at Local Level”...
22 Jan 2019 16:01:00Tirana 15 January 2019
The Law on Social Housing in Albania was adopted in May 2018 and thus had marked an important...
15 Nov 2018 17:11:00Tirana 13 November 2018
The Annual Advisory Group Meeting of the ROMACTED Programme took place at the Ministry of Health...
26 Jun 2018 11:33:00Strasbourg 26 June 2018
Having ensured the political commitment both at central and local level, the enlarged team of the...
15 Jun 2018 17:32:00Tirana 12 June 2018
The first Steering Committee of the Joint European Union and Council of Europe ROMACTED Programme...
09 May 2018 16:53:009 May 2018
On 7 May the last local launching event was organised in Elbasan, in the framework of the joint...
26 Feb 2018 11:45:00Tirana 23 February 2018
The kick off event of the regional joint European Union (EU) and Council of Europe (CoE)...
- The programme provided international expertise in the design of bylaws of Law No. 22/2018 'On Social Housing' within the Ministry of Finance and Economy. The Directorate of Housing held consultations on secondary legislation for social housing in Albania on preventing forced eviction of vulnerable groups and introducing 5% quota for Roma beneficiaries per all the six housing programmes prescribed.This process is substantially supported by ROMACTED Programme and the 'Leave No One Behind'- Joint Programme of the United Nations in Albania;
- The ROMACTED facilitator awarded as a winner of the 'Unknown Heroes' EU Award for Roma Integration 2019 in the Western Balkans and Turkey;
- Local authorities in Roskovec provided support to the infrastructural priorities of the Roma community living in Kurjan and setting the power transformer for the village. Open courses were provided for Roma citizens to gain reading and writing skills. A Roma mediator was employed in the multi-functional community centre;
- Two meetings were organised with Civil Society Organisations in Korca and Fier in terms of supporting the design of the Local Action Plans for Integration of Roma and Egyptian Minorities 2019-2022;
- As the second call of applications for civil society organisations was opened by the Regional Local Democracy Programme (ReLOaD), ROMACTED facilitators organised information sessions with the Roma and Egyptian CSOs in Elbasan, Korça, Përmet and Roskovec, which are both ROMACTED and ReLOaD Programme municipalities;
- The “Municipalities for Europe” Programme, which targets 61 municipalities in Albania, provided all data sets collected during the consecutive years of 2017 and 2018 for the purpose of the design of the Local Action Plans for Roma Integration;
- The current sub-granting call in the framework of the project 'Youth Standing Up for Human Rights in Albania' implemented by World Vision Albania and South East European Youth Network with financial assistance from the European Commission – European Instrument for Democracy and Human Rights. Roma civil society organisation in partnership with the municipalities of Korça, Vlora, Elbasan and Fier were supported to apply in the Second Call of Proposal, to enable the implementation of a second project foreseen in the Local Action Plans for Roma Integration 2019-2022, in addition to the ROMACTED small grant scheme funding;
- Joint activities with the Commissioner for the Protection against Discrimination in December 2019 in Korça, Pogradec and Vlora;
- The mayor of Roskovec received the ‘Most Roma-friendly mayor’ prize in 2019 for Roma Integration in the framework of the project ‘Joint initiative to empower Roma civil society in the Western Balkans and Turkey’, implemented by ERGO Network and Roma Active Albania. The ROMACTED support team has been actively involved in encouraging the local actors to apply for the prize.