The Routes4U e-learning course addresses key issues for the Cultural Routes of the Council of Europe and for the stakeholders from the EU macro-regional strategies working in the cultural heritage and tourism fields. The course is free and open to anyone interested in the Cultural Routes programme, with a focus on regional development, cultural cooperation and social cohesion.
The second module, “Cultural tourism in the EU macro-regions: Cultural Routes to increase attractiveness of remote destinations”, answers questions such as:
- What is cultural tourism?
- How does cultural tourism contribute to territorial cohesion in the EU macro-regions?
- Which resources do you need to develop cultural tourism products?
- How can cultural tourism revitalize remote destinations?
- How can you interpret cultural heritage?
The module also presents best practices of certified Cultural Routes through the voices of their managers and presidents.