Routes4U meeting on Cultural Routes in the Danube Region and in the Adriatic and Ionian Region
Fostering regional development through the Cultural Routes of the Council of Europe
Organised with the support of the Federal Chancellery of Austria
14-15 October 2019 | Vienna, Austria
The Routes4U meeting on Cultural Routes in the Danube Region and in the Adriatic and Ionian Region will take place the 14-15 October 2019 in Vienna, Austria.
The meeting will be the opportunity for participants to discuss about Cultural Routes priorities in the Adriatic and Ionian Region and in the Danube Region, and how to develop their potential through the Routes4U activities. They will learn more about the promotion and brand exercise of Routes4U, and more specifically its implementation through a Cultural Routes Card as well as the production of a macro-regional brand for the Cultural Routes. They will also discuss cultural tourism as driver for growth, jobs and economic development in the macro-regions.
Participants will include representatives from European Institutions, EU macro-regional strategies, cultural routes projects, Cultural Routes of the Council of Europe networks and stakeholders from the cultural and tourism field at national and macro-regional level.
The event is organised with the support of the Austrian Federal chancellery.
14-15 October 2019 | Vienna, Austria
Monday 14 October
13.30 Registration of participants
- KNEISSEL Kathrin, Federal Chancellery of Austria, Head of Department for European and International Cultural Policy
14.15 PLENARY SESSION|ROUTES4U: Joint Programme between the Council of Europe and the European Union
The speakers will exchange on the cooperation between the Cultural Routes of the Council of Europe and the EU strategies for the macro-regions in the framework of Routes4U Joint Programme.
- METZGER Constanze, Council of Europe, Enlarged Partial Agreement on Cultural Routes, Routes4U Senior Project Officer
- COZMA Irina, European Union Strategy for the Danube Region, Prority Area 3 (PA3 Culture and Tourism), Coordinator
15.00 PRESENTATION | DANUBE CULTURE PLATFORM: screening of the film “CultPlatForm Reflections” and artist talk on the pilot project “Tagging Hidden Architecture Jewels”
- PACHER Elisabeth, Federal Chancellery of Austria
- ZIMMER Karin, Federal Chancellery of Austria and member of the Governing Board (EPA), in conversation with PROHASKA Rainer, artist
15.20 PITCH SESSION| New projects of Cultural Routes in the macro-regions
16.20 Coffee break
16.40 TRAINING 1| Creation of new Cultural Routes: the certification and evaluation processes
The representatives of the cultural routes projects will be trained on the certification cycle, in accordance with the Council of Europe criteria and evaluation process.
- SETTANNI Giuseppe, expert on Cultural Routes of the Council of Europe certification and evaluation and on heritage and cultural policies
- KLARIC Vlasta, expert on cultural tourism management, cultural routes and Roman heritage
18.00 PLENARY SESSION | Summary
18.30 Evening programme and dinner
Tuesday 15 October
- DOMINIONI Stefano, Enlarged Partial Agreement on Cultural Routes of the council of Europe (EPA), Executive Secretary
09.15 KEYNOTE SPEECH
- MILLS Nigel, Expert on heritage interpretation
09.35 CONSULTATION| Stakeholder’s meeting for the new projects of Cultural Routes in the macro-regions
The representatives of the new cultural routes projects will discuss with their potential partners and members about the state of the art and next steps in view of the further development of their projects.
11.00 Coffee break
11.15 TRAINING 2 | Creation of a brand for the new project of Cultural Routes in the macro-regions
- TAJTAKOVA Maria, Ph.D. in Arts Marketing, expert on consumer behaviour in the arts and culture, international cultural tourism and intercultural advertising
12.15 CLOSING SESSION | Next steps to be taken
12.45 Light lunch
All you need to know about the certification process and the creation of a brand for Cultural Routes projects
Federal Chancellery of Austria
1010 Vienna, Austria
Possibility of accommodation
Hotel Motel One
1010 Wien, Austria
Constanze METZGER, Routes4U Senior Project Officer
Tel.: +352 24 12 50 38
Laura LIGAZZOLO, Routes4U Project Assistant
Tel.: +352 24 12 50 39
Routes4U Project is a joint programme between the European Commission (Directorate General for Regional and Urban Policy – DG REGIO) and the Council of Europe (Enlarged Partial Agreement on Cultural Routes – EPA). The project aims at strengthening regional development through the Cultural Routes of the Council of Europe in the four EU macro-regions.