The 2019 edition of the Massive Online Open Course (MOOC) on ‘Essentials of Youth Policy’ started on 7 October and has a duration of 6 weeks. It is divided in as many modules. The course is open to all interested, offered free of charge, flexible, interactive, and it will allow learners to follow their own pace.
How can youth policy enable young people to be active citizens? How can it support young people to be included in the society and to realise their aspirations and potential? These are important questions in a context in which young people in Europe experience complex life transitions to adulthood and are also the protagonists of social change. Our course will equip learners with the basic competences to engage in youth policy. Learners will learn about the essential elements of youth policy, the steps of youth policy (development, delivery, evaluation), its impact in the lives of young people, and they will reflect on their future steps in youth policy.
By the end of the course, learners will:
- Understand the “basics” of youth policy (concepts and definitions, scope, objectives, actors, European and national levels).
- Become aware of the relevance of the key elements principles and approaches to for youth policy (cross-sectoral, knowledge-based, participative, on, inclusive etc.)on, youth work).
- Understand how to build a framework for youth policy (identifying key issues, priority areas and themes).
- Understand the major steps for youth policy development, implementation and delivery, and evaluation.
- Reflect on the future of youth policy and your own future engagement in youth policy.
- Gain motivation and information about different ways of getting involved in youth policy.
Target Audience: Our course is open and free for anyone interested. We encourage in particular youth policy makers from different levels, youth workers and youth leaders, youth NGOs and youth researchers to join the course.
The course is organised and offered by the partnership between the European Commission and the Council of Europe in the field of youth. The course makes use extensively of the knowledge and materials developed by the partnership between the Council of Europe and the European Commission in the field of youth and of examples at the global, regional and national level. It offers an overview of the main elements, standards, issues and challenges of youth policy today. The course also provides chances for participants to learn from their own practice and to network with other learners.
We encourage you to consider enrolling, and to spread information on this possibility among all potential learners and multipliers.
Learners finalising all the modules in the course will receive a certificate of attendance.
For any enquiry, kindly contact Davide Capecchi at the email address email@example.com
The course is structured in 6 Modules.