Freedom of expression
Work in this area focuses on promoting freedom of expression and freedom of the media in line with European standards. It targets legal professionals (judges, prosecutors, lawyers), police authorities, Media Regulatory Authorities and governmental bodies in charge of the media legislation and journalism related issues as well as Media actors (journalists, associations of journalists, self-regulatory bodies, students of law and journalism and other media organisations).
05 Mar 2021 15:30:00
MEDIA ADVISORY: For your rights, towards European standards: Second Meeting of the Horizontal Facility II Beneficiary Steering CommitteeBelgrade 5 March 2021
The Second Meeting of the Beneficiary Steering Committee of the joint European Union/Council of...
26 Feb 2021 19:22:00
Freedom of Expression and its importance for democratic societies discussed with students in PristinaPristina 26 February 2021
The application of the right to freedom of expression in the everyday practice was in the focus...
26 Feb 2021 11:28:00Belgrade 26 February 2021
As part of the annual dialogue among media regulatory authorities in the region, held under the...
23 Feb 2021 10:04:00
Прв Управен одбор за правни професионалци/ки во рамки на ЈУФРЕКС одржан со партнерските организации во Северна МакедонијаСКОПЈЕ 23 ФЕВРУАРИ 2021
Управниот одбор на правни професионалци/ки во рамките на ЈУФРЕКС, го одржа првиот онлајн состанок...
19 Feb 2021 15:05:00
“Guide on Article 10” translated in Macedonian language to help legal practitioners apply European standards on freedom of expressionSkopje 18 February 2021
With the initiative of the EU and Council of Europe joint Horizontal Facility programme in North...
- Freedom of expression and freedom of the media in Albania - Phase II
- Freedom of expression and freedom of the media in Bosnia and Herzegovina - Phase II
- Freedom of expression and freedom of the media in Kosovo* - Phase II
- Freedom of expression and freedom of the media in Montenegro - Phase II
- Freedom of expression and freedom of the media in Serbia - Phase II
- Freedom of expression and freedom of the media in North Macedonia
- Freedom of Expression and Freedom of the Media in South-East Europe - Phase II
*This designation is without prejudice to positions on status, and is in line with UNSCR 1244 and the ICJ Opinion on the Kosovo Declaration of Independence.