Perspectives on Youth - Issue 1
"2020- What do you see?"
PREFACE FROM THE GROUP OF PUBLISHERS
From the deep and damaging dysfunction of the economy and the political inconsistency that promotes mobility as an asset, only to be countered by a re-drawing of xenophobia, it is a hard task to describe clear perspectives for the future. It is though a responsible task to identify the high impact issues that are and will most likely to affect young people – describe and debate them - and put them to the test cross-culturally. It is purposeful and creative to draw together analysis, drawn from quality research ; mix in some opinion and vision, and sprinkle over it all some healthy cynicism. It is our hope that Perspectives on Youth will have some resonance and create critical responses across borders and communities. We hope it provides the ingredients for debate and dialogue, not contestation and rhetoric. We set our principles high at a time of a lowering of hope and ambition.
Use Perspectives on Youth as a resource to channel some positive energy into the currently pretty bleak society.
The Group of Publishers
- Introduction by Editorial Team
- Interview with Chiarra Gariazzo
- Interview with Ólöf Ólafsdóttir
- The inter-generational contract has been cancelled by Karl Wagner
- Generational Views on Portuguese Youth and Young Adulthood: Changes, Gaps, Conflicts and Future by Magda Nico
- Youth Justice in a Changing Europe: Crisis Conditions and Alternative Visions by Barry Goldson
- The future of the social dimension in European higher education: university for all, but without student support? by Lorenza Antonucci
- Projecting the category of the NEET into the future by Valentina Cuzzocrea
- Young Entrepreneurs owning 2020 by Ajsa Hadzibegovic
- Challenging Structured Participation Opportunities by Tomi Kiilakoski & Anu Gretschel
- Active Citizenship 3.0/2020. Youth participation and social capital after postdemocracy by Benedikt Widmaier
- The Think Tank on Youth Policy in Europe
- The Think Tank on Youth Policy in Europe by Hans-Joachim Schild
- A matter of concern? The future of the youth agenda in Europe by Howard Williamson
- European Youth Policy and Youth Policy in Europe by Hans-Georg Wicke and Koen Lambert
- About the Editorial Team
Download the entire issue 1 in a single PDF File