Chisinau 21 July 2017
A Delegation of representatives of the Central Electoral Commission of Moldova, Centre for...
Yerevan 17 July 2017
On 6 December 2015 Armenia adopted amendments to the constitution by a referendum and moved from...
Strasbourg 17 July 2017
Within the framework of the Partnership for Good Governance with the European Union, the...
Tbilisi 6 July 2017
Within EU funded project on “Promoting freedom, professionalism and pluralism of the media” the...
Yerevan 24 May 2017
60 polling stations and all 10 Territorial Electoral Commissions have been observed by the...
Overall objectives: electoral assistance - reforming electoral legislation and practice
Specific objective 1: align electoral legislation and its implementation with the principles of the European Electoral Heritage.
- Electoral legislation that meets international standards is adopted.
- Shortcomings in the electoral practice are identified;
- Legislation on elections and/or political parties is amended in conformity with international standards;
- Institutional and operational capacity of election administration to organise electoral process in line with the CoE standards is enhanced
Specific objective 2: ensure that electoral practice is compliant with the principles of the European Electoral Heritage.
- Shortcomings in the electoral practice are identified and measures to address them are taken.
- The institutional set-up and capacity development of Electoral Management Bodies (EMBs) is strengthened;
- Electoral Justice is enhanced through better quality of complaints;
- Domestic observation becomes professional and domestic observers fully aware of Council of Europe and other international election standards;
- Civic and voter education is enhanced through increased participation of women, minorities and other disadvantaged groups as voters and candidates;
- Awareness of Council of Europe relevant standards in the areas of democratic elections is increased among the members of Parliaments and parliamentary staff of the EaP countries. Members of Parliaments and parliamentary staff improve their understanding of the amendments to be adopted in the national legislation on elections and political parties.
- Reforming electoral legislation and practice, and developing regional co-operation in electoral matters HYE AZE KAT RON UKR
- Long-term electoral assistance to the election related stakeholders of Armenia HYE
- Electoral assistance to the election stakeholders in Georgia KAT
- Supporting free and fair elections in Ukraine UKR
- Cooperation on electoral matters in the Republic of Moldova RON
Conference on right to free elections in EaP (4-5 June 2015, Paris)