Electoral assistance - reforming electoral legislation and practice
30 Nov 2017 10:36:00Kyiv 30 November 2017
On 28 November 2017, the Seminar for judges of local administrative courts and administrative...
24 Nov 2017 15:43:00Kyiv 24 November 2017
On 28 November, a seminar for national administrative judges on “Election dispute resolution:...
13 Nov 2017 08:15:00Baku 10 November 2017
“The message to women is clear, but what is the message to men?” was one of the emerging...
06 Nov 2017 15:49:00Chisinau 6 November 2017
The Venice Commission organised a seminar on electoral dispute resolution in cooperation with the...
06 Nov 2017 15:35:00Chisinau 6 November 2017
A delegation of the Venice Commission met with the Moldovan authorities and other stakeholders in...
Specific objective 1: align electoral legislation and its implementation with the principles of the European electoral heritage
- electoral legislation that meets international standards is adopted;
- shortcomings in the electoral practice are identified;
- legislation on elections and/or political parties is amended in conformity with international standards;
- institutional and operational capacity of election administration to organise electoral process in line with Council of Europe standards is enhanced.
Specific objective 2: ensure that electoral practice is compliant with the principles of the European electoral heritage
- shortcomings in the electoral practice are identified and measures to address them are taken;
- the institutional set-up and capacity development of electoral management bodies is strengthened;
- electoral justice is enhanced through better quality of complaints;
- domestic observation becomes professional and domestic observers fully aware of Council of Europe and other international election standards;
- civic and voter education is enhanced through increased participation of women, minorities and other disadvantaged groups as voters and candidates;
- awareness of Council of Europe relevant standards in the areas of democratic elections is increased among the members of Parliaments and parliamentary staff of Eastern Partnership countries. Members of parliaments and parliamentary staff improve their understanding of the amendments to be adopted in the national legislation on elections and political parties.
Conference on right to free elections in EaP (4-5 June 2015, Paris)