Strengthening the independence and efficiency of justice
Chisinau 10 August 2017
In 2016, the Moldovan Bar Association received expertise and capacity building to improve the...
Chișinău 29 June 2017
On 19 May 2017 the Moldovan Young Lawyers Association became a member of the European Young Bar...
Chișinău 29 June 2017
On 6-10 June 2017, a delegation of Gdansk lawyers visited the Southern Regional Bar in Cahul and...
Chisinau 4 May 2017
Between June 2015 and March 2017 the European Commission for the Efficiency of Justice (CEPEJ)...
Yerevan 28 April 2017
On 27 April 2017, Deputy Head of the Council of Europe Office in Yerevan, Ms Loreta VIOIU,...
Specific objective 1: strengthen the independence and efficiency of the judiciary.
- Increase in the degree of compliance of national legislations and regulations concerning the composition, role and mandate of self-governing bodies, in corresponding target countries, with European standards and Council of Europe recommendations.
- Improved training methodology and curricula of judicial training institutions in corresponding target countries.
- Improved time management and decrease in volume of court backlogs; strengthened national capacity to assess the performance of court systems in corresponding target countries.
Specific objective 2: strengthen the role of courts in delivering user-oriented justice.
Indicator: enhanced quality of judicial services in line with European standards through the practical application of the European Commission for the Efficiency of Justice tools in corresponding target countries.
Specific objective 3: improve the quality of the profession of lawyer (advocate).
- Increased compliance of national legislations and regulations concerning the mandate and functioning of Bar Associations, in corresponding target countries, with European standards and Council of Europe recommendations.
- Training institutions in corresponding target countries put in place a short-term and long-term strategy of development, a developed system of course accreditation, and coherent and comprehensive training programmes with coherent teaching methodology.