Promoting equality and human dignity
Chisinau 20 December 2018
Better mechanisms for protection against discrimination were the focus of the international...
Chisinau 7 December 2018
On 3 December in Chisinau, staff from the Council for Preventing and Eliminating Discrimination...
Chisinau 5 November 2018
A set of training courses on non-discrimination and equality, held on 23-26 October in Chisinau,...
Strasbourg 31 October 2018
On 30-31 October 2018, a study visit for the members and staff of the Council for prevention and...
Specific objective: achieve progress in the elimination of all forms of violence and discrimination against women
- in each of the five Eastern Partnership countries, national research studies are developed, and specific legal and procedural, as well as socio-economic and cultural, obstacles to women’s access to justice are identified
- recommendations are formulated for possible further development of national standards for women’s access to justice, including in the field of data collection
- the capacity of Eastern Partnership countries to design measures to ensure that the justice chain is gender-responsive and addresses the needs of the most disadvantaged women (poor, illiterate, from rural areas, minorities and disabled), is enhanced
- professionals involved at the different stages of the justice chain (judges, prosecutors, lawyers, law enforcement) have improved knowledge and skills on gender equality, women’s rights and non-discrimination.
- gender equality advocates of the civil society have better access to knowledge and resources for the legal empowerment of women.