Promoting equality and human dignity
Chisinau 27 April 2018
On March 2018, the Council for Prevention and Elimination Discrimination and Ensuring Equality of...
Judges, prosecutors and judicial staff of the Republic of Moldova trained on non-discrimination and equalitychisinau 3 april 2018
Two set of training courses on non-discrimination and equality, held on 28-30 March in Chisinau,...
Chisinau 27 February 2018
The international conference to mark 5 years of the implementation of the Law on Ensuring...
Yerevan 28 November 2017
A round table entitled “Women’s voice and leadership in politics: Armenian perspective” was...
Specific objective: achieve progress in the elimination of all forms of violence and discrimination against women
- in each of the five Eastern Partnership countries, national research studies are developed, and specific legal and procedural, as well as socio-economic and cultural, obstacles to women’s access to justice are identified
- recommendations are formulated for possible further development of national standards for women’s access to justice, including in the field of data collection
- the capacity of Eastern Partnership countries to design measures to ensure that the justice chain is gender-responsive and addresses the needs of the most disadvantaged women (poor, illiterate, from rural areas, minorities and disabled), is enhanced
- professionals involved at the different stages of the justice chain (judges, prosecutors, lawyers, law enforcement) have improved knowledge and skills on gender equality, women’s rights and non-discrimination.
- gender equality advocates of the civil society have better access to knowledge and resources for the legal empowerment of women.