Promoting equality and human dignity
Chisinau 27 April 2018
On March 2018, the Council for Prevention and Elimination Discrimination and Ensuring Equality of...
Strasbourg 6 April 2018
A new e-learning course on women’s access to justice is being developed and will provide a tool...
Judges, prosecutors and judicial staff of the Republic of Moldova trained on non-discrimination and equalitychisinau 3 april 2018
Two set of training courses on non-discrimination and equality, held on 28-30 March in Chisinau,...
Chisinau 27 February 2018
The international conference to mark 5 years of the implementation of the Law on Ensuring...
Specific objective: achieve progress in the elimination of all forms of violence and discrimination against women
- in each of the five Eastern Partnership countries, national research studies are developed, and specific legal and procedural, as well as socio-economic and cultural, obstacles to women’s access to justice are identified
- recommendations are formulated for possible further development of national standards for women’s access to justice, including in the field of data collection
- the capacity of Eastern Partnership countries to design measures to ensure that the justice chain is gender-responsive and addresses the needs of the most disadvantaged women (poor, illiterate, from rural areas, minorities and disabled), is enhanced
- professionals involved at the different stages of the justice chain (judges, prosecutors, lawyers, law enforcement) have improved knowledge and skills on gender equality, women’s rights and non-discrimination.
- gender equality advocates of the civil society have better access to knowledge and resources for the legal empowerment of women.