Project of the Primary school "Lef Sallata" :
School as A Place of Inclusion and Integration
Specific project’s objectives:
- To increase the awareness level on inclusion and integration;
- To improve the educational and social level of the pupils with special needs;
- To improve management’s and teachers’ abilities for inclusion of all marginalized groups;
- To improve involvement and integration of all marginalized groups in school activities;
- To improve active participation of parents in decision making process in school regarding inclusion;
- To improve and adapt the outdoor school environment
Project’s main activities:
- Round table on THE project, for all stakeholders, indirect and direct beneficeries;
- Three TV spots on the project will be broadcasted within three months on TV station of Vlora city (one per month)
- Preparation and distribution of 2000 leaflets and two banners for the visibility of the project;
- Workshop with the Pupils’ Government, on the project and inclusion;
- Sharing workshop experiences with other pupils through meetings in each classroom;
- They will discuss inclusion issues, how can pupils contribute to a friendly, welcoming and inclusive school , in cooperation with teachers and parents;
- Training pedagogical staff on:
- Neurological disorders, autistic, dyslexia, hyperactive, language disorder treatment;
- Two trainings on evaluation, creation of PEI and education;
- Two trainings on difficulties in learning, evaluation, Individual Educational Plan and education;
- Two trainings on communication and treatment of children with behaviour disorders and social equality
- Two trainings for parents of children with special needs on:
- Communication, knowing their needs in the family living conditions as continuation of the work of teachers in school
- Professional Support to pupils with disabilities:
- Establishing initial evaluation team of a neurologist, a psychologist, teachers and parents;
- Identifying pupils with disabilities and completing files for each of them;
- Preparing and implementing Individual Educational Plans, developed by educators and parents;
- Final Evaluation results at the end of the school year.
Peer learning activity:
- Exchanging experience with the primary school "Ali Podrimja", in Tropoja.
- Drafting a cooperation plan with a group of teachers, parents and pupils of this school improving positive inclusive practices and development of a more inclusive school.
Comprehensive and entertaining activities for events such as:
- International Day of Children's Rights, November 20: Artistic program on inclusion
- International Day of Children with Disabilities: pupils produce and distribute leaflets and banners
- New Year celebration „Wonderful Things Happen in an Inclusive School”: role play, concert, theatre, where teachers, parents and children with or without disabilities will take part
- International day of Autism: a march along the main city street with banners and visit to the Autism Centre
- International Children's Day;
- International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination - 21 March 2014: visits to some Egyptian children’ families from a group of teachers and pupils, group discussions, cultural exchanges, and other activities.
Improvement of outdoor school environment:
- Improving sports ground
- Providing sports equipment necessary for the movement’s therapy for all the children, but especially for children with special needs (Swiss balls, Dynamic and Balance, Climbing Equipment).
- Project closing activity, sharing results with all the stakeholders and planning future activities, continuing the work.
Project’s target groups:
- Direct beneficiaries: 8 children with disabilities, 40 with special needs and their parents, 44 teachers and all the other children
- Indirect beneficiaries: the school, community, society, Regional Educational Directory of Vlora, Municipality of Vlora, where we can share this experience with all the other schools in the country level