Objectives of the KCOOS Project
The KCOOS project aims to raise awareness on the issues of match fixing and sports betting risks, as well as to promote the Council of Europe Convention on the Manipulation of Sports Competitions.
It will assist countries in implementing the various measures of the Convention within their national systems, in particular, in the fight against match-fixing and in the regulation of sports betting. This will be carried out via Desk Research tools in the first phase and then via various topical events.
The main objectives of the project are:
- to gather information on the current status in the fight against match fixing and sports betting regulations within countries as well as to build a network of national contacts in these areas;
- to offer practical assistance and to facilitate the exchange of good practices among countries through regional seminars, study visits and expert missions;
- to assist with the setting up of national platforms, regulatory structures and other supporting structures;
- to strengthen the institutional capacity of relevant authorities;
- to provide technical assistance with the implementation of the Convention into national systems and legislation, where appropriate.