Bulgaria 26-29 November 2018
The JUSTROM2 Project Manager and Project Officer travelled to Bulgaria to meet with the JUSTROM2...
Romania 6-8 November 2018
The JUSTROM2 Project Manager, Project Officer and Project Assistant went on a field visit to...
Greece 23-25 October 2018
During her monitoring mission to Greece, the JUSTROM Project Manager met with the local teams...
Strasbourg, France 26-28 September 2018
13 judges and prosecutors from the implementing countries, Bulgaria, Greece, Italy and Romania,...
JUSTROM2 is a joint programme of the Council of Europe and European Commission aiming to improve the access to justice of Roma women in Bulgaria, Greece, Italy and Romania.
The programme aims to empower Roma women to adequately address discrimination and other human rights violations committed against them, including early/forced marriage, trafficking, domestic violence, housing evictions, police abuse and hate crime by raising their awareness about discrimination, complaint mechanisms, the justice system and human rights institutions. The programme seeks Roma women empowerment inter alia through awareness-raising gatherings and info days, where active citizenship is promoted, and legal advice.
It also aims at strengthening links, exchanges and partnerships with and among actors at different levels, such as local, national, regional and European level. The actors involved include local and central government institutions, lawyers, judges, prosecutors, national human rights institutions, equality bodies, bar associations, legal aid bureaus, National Roma Contact Points (NRCP), CAHROM members, police, mediators and Roma NGOs. These will create an inclusive and enabling environment leading to accountability and sustainable change in Roma communities and the wider societies they live in.
In addition, it aims to enhance the capacity of the judiciary, law enforcement in the application of anti-discrimination standards with a focus on multiple discrimination, gender equality and Roma women. Finally, this programme will further increase the synergy and coherence between the institutional frameworks of the EU and Council of Europe, national Roma integration strategies and civil society initiatives.
Italy, 19 March 2019
- Training for legal professionals on statelessness, regularisation and related issues
Strasbourg, 12-14 March 2019
- Study visit for Equality Bodies and National Human Rights Insitutions
Greece, 27-28 February 2019
- Country exchange of practices on the topic of ID documents
Bulgaria, 12 February 2019
- Training for lawyers of the legal aid in Sliven
Bulgaria, 11 February 2019
- Training for lawyers of the legal aid in Plovdiv
Romania, 7-8 February 2019
- Training for lawyers in Bucharest on combating discrimination
Bulgaria, 5 February 2019
- Training for lawyers of the legal aid in Veliko Tarnovo
Bulgaria, 25 January 2019
- Training for lawyers of the legal aid in Sofia
Italy, 4-6 December 2018
- JUSTROM Monitoring visit in Rome and Naples
BULGARIA, 26-29 November 2018
- JUSTROM2 Monitoring visits to Sofia, Plovdiv and Veliko Tarnovo
Bulgaria, 19-21 November 2018
- JUSTROM2 Training of Trainers for police officers, Sofia
Romania, 5-8 NOvember 2018
- JUSTROM2 Monitoring visits to Bucharest and Calarasi County
Greece, 23-26 October 2018
- JUSTROM2 Monitoring visit to Athens and Thessaloniki
STrasbourg, 26-28 september 2018
- JUSTROM2 Training of Trainers for judges and prosecutors from Bulgaria, Greece, Italy and Romania