Working groups and presentations
Working Groups on the topics identified by the preparatory group as key for young people in Europe
The following horizontal aspects will be considered in the discussions: globalisation, human rights, minority groups' situation and rights, youth participation and youth rights, and the role and limitations of youth policy and youth work.
The work in the working groups was organised around four steps: knowledge sharing, discussion on trends, practice examples, identification of challenges.
Topics of the working groups:
- What are the biggest challenges when it comes to young people in 2020? Answers from the applications for the Conference.
- Youth in 2020 - the Future of youth policies. Observations and reflections. Søren Kristensen, rapporteur.
- Demography / Intergenerational Relationships. Competition / Cooperation between regions ans generations. Dr Dragana Avramov, Population and social policy consultant.
- Sustainability and ecology. Beata Sochaka, Sendzimir foundation, Poland.
- Economy and Knowledge society. Lidia Salvatore, Eurofound.
- Information and communication technologies. Mark West, UNESCO.
- Youth ans politics. Towards a new model of citizenship in advanced democracies. Anne Muxel, Center for political research in Sciences Po in Paris.
- Values. Serdar M. Degirmencioglu, Dogus University in Istanbul.