JUSTROM consultants are active in promoting the International and European standards on different matters concerning respect for human rights, non-discrimination and Roma issues. Online lectures at universities are one type of solution that came out of the current pandemic and that proved to be very efficient and welcomed by the target audience.
Ms Maja Bova, Ms Giulia Perin, Mr Valerio Maione and Ms Saska Jovanovic, JUSTROM consultants in Italy, have been cooperating with various universities in Italy in the previous phase of the programme and the cooperation continues in JUSTROM3.
The most recent lecture took place on 15 April 2020. Within the framework of the Immigration Law Course at Lumsa University in Rome, Ms Maja Bova, National Coordinator of JUSTROM Italy, held an online lecture on the following topics:
- Countries of origin, International and Regional Human Rights standards;
- United Nations Human Rights Machinery, conventional and unconventional bodies;
- Council of Europe Convention on Preventing and Combating Violence Against Women and Domestic Violence, including focus on GREVIO;
- Council of Europe Convention against Trafficking in Human Beings, including focus on GRETA;
- Relevance of the above processes with focus on trafficking vis-à-vis Italy;
- European Convention on Human Rights and Non-Discrimination Principle;
- EU legislation and Non-Discrimination Principle;
- Situation of Roma in Italy, legal status/protection of minorities, domestic framework, and JUSTROM Programme in Italy.
The interactive online lecture was attended by 33 students.
The next online lectures by JUSTROM Italy consultants will take place within the framework of the Legal Clinic Training Course at Department of Law-Federico II University (distance learning) in May 2020.