The overall C4i project seeks to involve public authorities, migrants and NGOs in mobilizing social networks to foster well-informed public debate on migration and diversity and combat unfounded (but widespread) myths and misconceptions which undermine the integration strategies at local level. To do this, the project will test the applicability of social communication & networking method experimented successfully in Barcelona. It will also assess the impact of the method among the population in project locations in order to devise a methodology and tools that can be used more widely across Europe.
Specific local diversity/migration challenges are at the focus of attention. By involving migrants and non-migrants and their organizations in a joint initiative with local authorities, C4i will help build trust and lay the foundation for a continuous dialogue and further participation of stakeholders in the policy-making process and in local life in general.
The project aims specifically at:
- Identifying rumours & collecting objective data. Using social networks and viral information channels to provide correct information and explanations on migration and diversity and combat unfounded (but widespread) myths and misconceptions, that put social cohesion at risk.
- Defining a strategy. Transferring to 10 partner cities an innovative method experimented successfully in Barcelona, and positively replicated in 4 Spanish cities with the Antirumores project. Devising a common methodology and tools to be adjusted to local context
- Building a network. Creating anti-rumours networks in each city, involving public administration, social organizations and citizens.
- Training ‘antirumours agents’. Inviting citizens to become ‘anti-rumours’ agents to fight against stereotypes and prejudices in their daily lives.
- Awareness-raising actions. Innovative and participative Awareness-raising activities will be held in all C4i cities.
- Impact evaluation. Assessing the impact of the project’s actions among the population in C4i locations in order to verify its effectiveness