At its 137th plenary session (held on 15-16 December 2023), the Venice Commission of the Council of Europe adopted, among others:
- Joint opinion of the Venice Commission and the Directorate General of Human Rights and Rule of Law (DGI) of the Council of Europe on the Concept Paper concerning the reform of the Ethics and Disciplinary Commission of the General Assembly of Judges.
- Joint Opinion of the Venice Commission and ODIHR on the Draft amendments to the Election Code and to the Rules of Procedure of the Parliament of Georgia.
- Opinion on the Law on the Special Investigation Service and on the provisions of the Law on Personal Data Protection concerning the Personal Data Protection Service.
- Opinion on the provisions of the Law on the fight against Corruption concerning the Anti-Corruption Bureau.
Republic of Moldova:
- Joint Follow-up Opinion of the Venice Commission and ODIHR to the Joint Opinion on amendments to the Electoral Code and other related laws concerning ineligibility of persons connected to political parties declared unconstitutional.
- Joint amicus curiae brief of the Venice Commission and ODIHR on the ineligibility of persons connected to political parties declared unconstitutional.
These opinions were prepared under the Quick Response Mechanism (QRM), in the framework of the European Union and Council of Europe joint programme Partnership for Good Governance, co-funded by the European Union and the Council of Europe and implemented by the Council of Europe.