On 15 July 2016, the Public Library “Mihail Sadoveanu” of Soroca hosted a public debate organised within the COMUS project and focused on the five flagship rehabilitation projects selected for the PTAs. Local and central authorities, representatives of the civil society, residents of the city and local activists had the opportunity to express their opinions over the selected projects and debate on future uses of the considered sites. The proposed projects are the following:
- Rehabilitation of the Decebal area between the Stefan cel Mare and Maria Cebotari streets;
- Rehabilitation of the Museum of History and Ethnography of Soroca;
- Rehabilitation of the “Mihai Eminescu” college (former “Domnita Ruxanda” gymnasium for girls);
- Refurbishment of the Aleinicov Villa to cultural / entertainment centre;
- Rehabilitation of the bank of the river Nistru and its adjacent public space to pedestrian area.