Focus group meetings on discussion of the Preliminary Draft of the Progress Review Methodology of the Justice Sector Reforms Implementation will be held in Kyiv on 5- 10 October 2016. The following sections of the preliminary draft of the Progress Review Methodology will be proposed for discussion:
- increasing the independence of the judiciary, streamlining judicial governance and appointment of judges; increasing the competence of the judiciary; increasing accountability of the judiciary; increasing the efficiency of justice and streamlining the competences of the various jurisdictions; increasing transparency and publicity of justice;
- strengthening the Public Prosecutor’s Office;
- increased effectiveness of the justice sector in the detection and prevention of organised crime and corruption;
- improving the enforcement system;
- strengthening the Bar and legal aid and enhancing fairness and defence rights in criminal proceedings;
- increasing effectiveness in the prevention of crime and promoting rehabilitation in the execution of sanctions.
Representatives of the Council of Europe, actors of the justice sector, civil society, and international initiatives will take part in the meetings.
The focus group meetings will be held in the Hotel President, Sections A+C at 12 Hospitalna St.
To confirm your participation, please send an e-mail to: email@example.com or call at: +380 44 425 60 01 (internal 143).