Call for applications: 2nd edition of the Pool of European Youth Researchers
The Partnership between the European Union and the Council of Europe in the field of Youth is seeking researchers for its Pool of European Youth Researchers (PEYR) to provide research advice and perspective on youth policy strategies and approaches when requested by the partner institutions, their partnership and other cooperation partners.
The pool will be constituted by about 25 members who will be selected on the basis of the applications received by the deadline of 31 August 2014.
The objectives of PEYR are to:
- actively contribute to youth research and knowledge provision on youth issues;
- provide a research perspective, critical and forward looking, on European youth policy development;
- enhance knowledge-based policy making and practice;
- constitute a “task force” through exchange between its members, engagement with the wider youth research community and with structures of youth policy and practice at the European level;
- ensure responsiveness to changes in the conditions of young people in Europe and offer the partner institutions a flexible support structure in responding to them.
PEYR membership will initially be for the period 2014-2016 but may be subject to prolongation.
The members of the Pool are expected to ensure availability to devote some working days a year to the tasks designed by the EU-CoE youth partnership. In return, the researchers will be granted a standard expert daily fee for the working days requested and the reimbursement of costs related to their participation to meetings, seminars etc. The selection of members of the Pool to be involved in specific thematic or institutional activities will be based on calls for interest. The EU-CoE youth partnership does not guarantee that all Pool members will receive an expert contract during their membership of the pool.
PEYR will meet once a year and/or when the European Commission or the Council of Europe request their expertise.
The working language will be English.
We welcome applications from researchers from all Council of Europe member states, who are motivated and committed to actively contribute and advise on youth policy matters and developments.
Interested researchers are invited to fill in the online application form by 31 August 2014.
For further information please see the Call for applications!
- Youth policy
- Youth policy strategies / knowledge based policy / knowledge on youth