Call for participants: Speak UP, Step UP! European youth work empowering young people’s democratic values & active citizenship
Speak UP, Step UP! is a European conference to consider the practice, impact and future role of Erasmus+ Youth in Action in promoting democratic values and attitudes and active citizenship among young people in Europe.
The conference will welcome up to 100 participants from all over Europe. This conference is for you, if you correspond to one or more of the following profiles:
- you are currently implementing or have previously implemented Erasmus+ Youth in Action projects (any action) that seek to address contemporary political and social challenges with young people;
- you work directly with young people in projects or manage projects through which you have extensive contact with young people;
- you (have) actively use(d) different non-formal education approaches (for example, critical pedagogy, education for democratic citizenship, European citizenship education, human rights education, political or intercultural education) or youth work approaches (open youth work, participatory / youth led youth work, etc.) in your Erasmus+ Youth in Action projects;
- you are using (or have used) Erasmus+ Youth in Action projects to develop young people’s active citizenship, political literacy and social action;
- you are managing an organization, association, institution or network that is actively promoting values underpinning young people’s active citizenship using political or value based education in the European youth field;
- you are responsible for the development and implementation of policy frameworks that support civic and political education (for example: youth policy, research, recognition of non- and informal education and youth work, quality standards in the training of professionals delivering educational programmes, National Agencies etc.).
- European Union
- Human rights
- Youth work