Call for participants: “Raise your voice for tomorrow’s Europe” -Forum on education for democratic citizenship with a European dimension
The aim and objectives of the activity:
The aim of the activity is to promote the European dimension in education for democratic citizenship with young people and contribute to the recognition of European citizenship.
The specific objectives are:
- To map out recent trends, developments and policy processes related to the topic of the activity;
- To provide insight and stimulate discussion related to the concept of European citizenship;
- To provide space for exchange of participants’ practices on addressing European dimension in the education for democratic citizenship, in particular through youth work and non-formal education;
- To identify challenges in approaching the European dimension in education for democratic citizenship and showcase inspiring practices and ways to address them;
- To encourage networking, new partnerships and cooperation among participants;
- To advocate for the recognition of the added value of the European dimension in education for democratic citizenship as a tool for addressing current challenges in the European societies.
The activity will gather ca. 50 stakeholders (educators, youth workers, teachers, youth policy makers) from the Erasmus+ Programme Countries and the Partner Countries of the Western Balkans working in the context of education for democratic citizenship with young people. The participants should have:
- Background and competences in promoting, managing or delivering education for democratic citizenship and / or fostering the European citizenship of young people;
- Interest in exploring the topic of education for democratic citizenship with European dimension and the related policies and practices, as well as in discovering and further developing approaches to address connected objectives and challenges;
- Motivation to form networks and establish new partnerships for cooperation in the frame of this thematic area, in particular in the frame of Erasmus+ Programme;
- Ability to communicate and work in English;
- At least 18 years of age.
Apply here: http://trainings.salto-youth.net/6698
- Diversity / intercultural dialogue
- Human rights
- South-East Europe
- Youth work