Call for participants TRAYCE Training of Trainers for Youth in the Council of Europe
The Youth Department of the Council of Europe is launching a call for participants for TRAYCE - Training of Trainers for Youth in the Council of Europe, a long-term training of trainers in non-formal education with young people. The training course aims to support the quality development of non-formal education activities in the Council of Europe through the development of competence of trainers active in the youth field.
The training course will start in April 2015 and include different learning features (residential seminars, online learning, practice phases etc.).
The training course has a strategic role in the work of the Council of Europe. The Youth Department has decided to carry out a training of trainers in non-formal education with young people, in order to increase the quality of Council of Europe’s youth activities and, by doing so, also supporting the recognition of youth work and non-formal education. The training course is expected also to result in a renewal and reviewing of the Youth Department’s work in training trainers, and, in the medium term, to support the diversification of expertise of the membership of the Youth Department’s Trainers Pool. Moreover, the training of trainers in non-formal education will provide an opportunity for participants-trainers to develop the level of quality of their work, and to improve their competences to design, run and evaluation non-formal education and training activities with young people within the value framework of the Council of Europe. The training course is also expected to make links with the other priorities of the Youth Department, since quality of non-formal education is also about quality in the activities that fall under all the priorities of the Youth Department.
Throughout this training course, 25 participants will:
- gain a good understanding of the Council of Europe’s institutional framework, values, principles and practices underlying non-formal education with young people in the Council of Europe and in developing coherence and consistent non-formal education training activities;
- develop competences to design, run and evaluate non-formal education and training activities at European level, based on an adequate needs analysis and using appropriate methodologies;
- explore the notion of quality in non-formal education and training activities and how to apply it;
- advocate the role of training and non-formal education within the current priorities of European and national youth policies;
- reflect on the ethical, professional and social implications of working as a trainer in non-formal education;
- learn how to guide and facilitate intercultural processes in non-formal education settings;
- learn how to manage a non-formal education and training project effectively;
- reflect on the contribution of non-formal education and training to the development of a human rights culture.
More information about the profile of participants and the training course features can be found in the file attached.
The interested candidates must apply using the online at this link: http://youthapplications.coe.int/Application-forms/TRAYCE-Training-of-Trainers-for-Youth-in-the-Council-of-Europe
Deadline for applying is 10 March 2015.
For further information, please do not hesitate to Mara Georgescu.
- Education / training / learning / mobility