Mr Andre Demushi
- United Kingdom
- Professional sector
- Training / youth work
- Youth policy
- Youth research
- Fields of expertise
- Citizenship and participation
- European youth policy
- National youth policy
- Volunteering of young people
- Young people and the media / information technology
- Youth and development
- Youth education and training
- Youth violence and juvenile justice
- Countries of Expertise
- United Kingdom
Independent Academic Research Studies
- A few words about myself
- I am 19 years old and the Youth Projects Coordinator and a leading international think- tank with a charitable mission to give everyone a chance to forge a safer, fairer and more inclusive society.
Previously; In 2008 I was a Lead organiser of a grassroots campaign: '2 busy to get in 2 Trouble'. This aimed to demonstrate what young people are capable of when given the opportunity to partake in various activities.
In 2009 I was a Youth campaigner and Young Leader at CITIZENS UK on their 'End Child Detention' campaign. As part of a team I was able to collect 40,000 signatures and submit them to 10 Downing street as well as organising meetings and attending assemblies on the issue.
In 2010 I continued my work at CITIZENS UK by being a Campaigner for the 'City Safe/ Sahe Haven' campaign' to improve the safety of young people on the streets of the UK and bulid bridges between young people and their local businesses.
In the run up to the 2012 Olympic games, I was involved with two campaigns which ran parallel. These were the 'Local Jobs for Local People' and the 'Living Wage Campaign'. Both were highly successful as LOCOG employed hundreds of local people and paid staff a minimum of £8.30 p/h.
Since 2008 I have been working on my own campaign to secure formal accreditation for several mother-tongue languages, including his own.
- Social Networks