The Project will increase the understanding of the benefits of inclusive education through the engagement of and the technical support offered to 49 pilot schools (7 per beneficiary: 3 primary, 2 general secondary and 2 vocational secondary).
The Project will intervene in five specific areas:
- Setting up regional support mechanisms and resources for pilot inclusive schools;
- Raising awareness of the benefits of inclusive education for the general public as well as decision makers;
- Enhancing the capacities of policymakers for designing and implementing inclusive education policies;
- Improving the teacher competences and practices for inclusive education
- Making progress on the removal of concrete barriers for vulnerable groups including through stronger partnerships within a co-ordinated framework.