Training of trainers for further development and use of Qualifications Standards and Occupational Standards in Bosnia and Herzegovina
Having in mind that experts as trainers from all relevant stakeholders in the BiH are crucial for the development and sustainable implementation of the QF-BiH. Joint Project of the European Union and the Council of Europe "Strategic Development of Higher Education and Qualification Standards" organized a training of trainers for further development and use of Qualifications Standards and Occupational Standards in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
This is particularly important for the development of qualifications standards and occupational standards and their effective use for the design and validation of study programmes. The most significant reform and modernisation of higher education has to take place at university level where academic autonomy and the responsibility for the design of the curriculum and its quality assurance takes place. Such changes require a cadre of highly trained local experts to lead the required staff development exercises in BiH higher education institutions.
The 'BiH Training Module' and the accompanying detailed 'Qualifications and Occupational Standards Training Workshop Agenda' were developed and piloted 20-24th April 2015 where twenty-one BiH future trainers undertook the full-time training held over five days at Jahorina. Those trained were carefully selected in accordance with the Action Plan for the Development and Implementation of the Qualifications Framework in BiH for the period 2014-2020. All those trained had to pass a rigorous series of tasks and assessments including practical presentations (see a detailed Assessments 1 and 2 below).
The training was intimately linked and supported by the contents of the Training Manual. The training included all the main aspects of higher education reform with a particular focus on the development and practical application of qualifications standards and occupational standards in BiH. In addition, it covered the: modernisation context in BiH; outcomes of the Yerevan EHEA Ministerial Conference; updated 2015 'Standards and Guidelines for Quality Assurance in the EHEA'; updated 2015 'ECTS Users' Guide'; curriculum development and learning outcomes. etc. A crucial aspect of the training was the provision to all those being trained of a hard copy compendium of eighteen key documents.
The key purpose of the training was the capacity building of future BiH trainers who can then pass on their skills and abilities to train other staff and thus lay the basis of a BiH-wide capacity building initiative that will firmly embed qualification and occupational Standards.
The Manual, together with the Training Module and Training Workshop Agenda, is designed to support the ongoing modernisation of higher education in BiH. They are intended to be used as valuable resources that can be adapted to support a variety of training activities associated with the Action Plan for the Development and Implementation of the Qualifications Framework in BiH for the period 2014-2020.
All the relevant documents and materials as an important set of reference materials that trainers and future trainees will need:
- Training agenda
- Traning module
- Manual for development and use of qualifications and occupational standards in BiH
- The Bologna Follow-up group (BFUG) endorsed new (2015) ECTS Users' Guide
- Standards and Guidelines for Quality Assurance in the European Higher Education Area
- Curriculum Development Good Practice Guide
- Action Plan BIH QF
- Roadmap for development of occupational standards 2012
- Handbook development of occupational standards 2012
- BiH Impact assessment of Vocational and Training Reform
- Example of occupational standard for agriculture subject field
- Example of qualification standard for agriculture subject field
- Example of qualification standard for engineering subject field
- Example of occupational standard for ICT subject field
- Example of qualification standard for ICT subject field
- Example of qualification standard for economy subject field
- Example of qualification standard for teacher education subject field
- The BiH Baseline Qualifications Framework
- Workshop assessment (+ possible answer points)
- Workshop assessment (Summative)
Training of trainers
Strategic Development of Higher Education and qualifications standards in Bosnia and Herzegovina
Open call for Training of trainers for further development and use of Qualifications Standards (QS) and Occupational Standards (OS) in Bosnia and Herzegovina
Within the framework of the Joint Project of the European Union and the Council of Europe "Strategic Development of Higher Education and Qualification Standards" in Bosnia and Herzegovina (2013-2015), template and examples for qualification standards for five different subjects and template and examples for two occupational standards were developed. Joint project is currently developing Manual for further development and use of qualifications and occupational standards in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
The Joint Project of the European Union and the Council of Europe is organising a training of trainers for development and implementation of Qualifications Standards and Occupational Standards, which will be held on 20th-24th April 2015 in hotel “Board” in Jahorina. Training will end with testing of candidates resulting in certificates; the training will be delivered by 2 international experts.
The training will be organized as a one week (5 working days) intensive hands on training and will cover, among other, the following topics:
- qualifications framework and quality assurance;
- development of qualifications standards, including their learning outcomes and assessment criteria;
- development of occupational standards, curriculum development, teaching and learning strategies, innovative assessment methodologies, student-centred learning;
- validation of qualifications standards and occupational standards,
- use of qualifications standards and occupational standards for design of programmes,,
- use of qualifications standards and occupational standards for validation of programmes,
- use of qualifications standards, occupational standards and study programmes for other components of internal and external quality assurance system, principles of adult learning, and learning needs,
- building cross-sectoral competences of trainers.
The selection of candidates for training would be based on strict criteria which would include:
- Active participation in joint projects of the European Union and the Council of Europe dealing with the development of the Qualifications framework for Higher Education in B&H, as well as other projects that dealt with the same theme. Priority is given to candidates who have actively participated in the development of qualifications standards and occupational standards within the joint European Union and Council of Europe Project “Strategic Development of Higher Education and Qualification Standards”;
- Training would be delivered in English therefor all candidates for training should have good English language skills;
- Agreement of their respective institution that they will support and use their trained staff in the relevant staff development activities, development of study programs and relevant institutional changes;
- Prior knowledge and competences related to the qualifications framework and learning outcomes;
- Commitment to Higher Education reform in BiH and the willingness to use their knowledge and provide information in their respective institutions;
This call is intended for staff from higher education institutions, ministries responsible for education and education agencies in BiH.
The selected candidates should have prior approval that they will be freed from their regular duties at their respective institutions. Before the training, participants will receive an extensive list of materials.
The maximum number of participants is 20.
We would like to invite you, if you are interested in attending the training, to send your CV and motivational letter, both in English, by 27 March 2015 by e-mail: email@example.com. The selection will be made by the project team together with international experts. The costs of participants: travel, accommodation, food and refreshments will be covered by the project.
For further questions, you can contact us:
- Nedim Vrabac : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sadžida Tulić : email@example.com
- Aida Trožić : firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest.