Partnership themes and objectives
As specific themes in 2017, the two institutions agreed to focus on:
- Participation/citizenship, including new concepts and tools;
- Social inclusion with a focus on outreach, access to social rights, and fighting new forms of xenophobia and discrimination against vulnerable groups;
- Recognition and quality of youth work.
In line with the decision of the European Commission and the Council of Europe their partnership will in the year 2017 focus on two specific objectives:
1. "Better knowledge" – a "think tank" function to establish a clear picture of current and upcoming challenges and trends in participation for all young people, based on research evidence, sociological and statistical analysis and input from within and beyond the youth sector;
2. "Promotion of youth work" – advocacy regarding the contribution of youth work to youth participation and social inclusion, including innovative youth work, partnerships, outreach, learning mobility and recognition of youth work;
and two horizontal objectives:
3. "Co-operation with a regional focus" – promotion of young people's participation through peer learning and capacity-building in specific European and neighbourhood regions: Eastern Europe and Caucasus, South-East Europe (Western Balkans), South Mediterranean within the specific themes;
4. "Communication and information" – dissemination of results of activities among a wider audience.