Committee of Ministers adopts a Recommendation to member States on the access of young people from disadvantaged neighborhoods to social rights (21 January 2015)
During the 1217th meeting of the Ministers' Deputies the Deputies adopted a Recommendation of the Committee of Ministers to member States on the access of young people from disadvantaged neighborhoods to social rights.
Suggested measures on access to social rights for young people from disadvantaged neighbourhoods can be taken by local, regional or national authorities within their respective competences and with due regard for national realities. They concern the following areas:
- Improving the living conditions of young people in disadvantaged neighborhoods (Education and training, Employment and occupation, Housing, Health, Information and counselling, Sport, leisure and culture);
- Breaking down segregation and the promotion of social inclusion;
- Promoting meaningful participation opportunities in the planning and management of their living environment;
- Ensuring that all young people are fully able to exercise their role as active citizens without discrimination;
- Recognizing and supporting non-formal education, youth work, youth organization and youth workers in disadvantaged neighborhoods;
- Improving gender equality of young people living in disadvantaged neighborhoods
- Preventing all forms of violence in disadvantaged neighborhoods.
The Recommendation is accessible at: https://wcd.coe.int/ViewDoc.jsp?Ref=CM/Rec(2015)3&Language=lanEnglish&Ver=original&Site=CM&BackColorInternet=DBDCF2&BackColorIntranet=FDC864&BackColorLogged=FDC864
- Social cohesion and equal opportunities