Congress’ 29th Session: Call for applications for young people
In view of the success of this experience, the Congress, in close co-operation with the European Youth Foundation and the Council of Europe Youth Department, has decided to once again invite a number of young people to take an active part in its 29th Session (20 to 22 October 2015) and a one-day workshop (19 October 2015).
By inviting a number of young people to take an active part in its 29th Session, the Congress and the Council of Europe Youth Department aim to create a space for dialogue between the selected youth delegates and local and regional elected representatives and enable young people to express their views on the issues being debated.
The specific objectives are to:
- allow a number of young people, from different walks of life, to take an active part in the 29th Session and in the meetings of the Congress’ three committees;
- raise the youth delegates’ awareness of the Council of Europe’s and Congress’ policies on youth and participation, notably the co-management system;
- examine with the youth delegates the state of young people’s participation at local and regional levels in European society and identify opportunities and obstacles to its effective implementation;
- give the youth delegates space to prepare a contribution to the Congress debate on youth participation to ensure an exchange of views between the youth delegates and Congress members on their understanding and roles in promoting young people’s involvement in policy and decision making (Tuesday 20 October, afternoon plenary session);
- motivate the youth delegates to multiply the information and experience acquired during the session on their return home;
- through formal and informal exchanges, promote dialogue and co-operation between the elected representatives and the youth delegates in a spirit of mutual understanding and respect and encourage the exchange of good practices as well as the promotion of existing models of youth-led structures;
- illustrate to the Congress the importance of the inclusion of young people in member States’ national delegations, both as full and substitute members.
Application procedure and selection of participants
Those wishing to apply to take part in the 29th Congress Session must do so by means of the application form enclosed.
If they so wish, applicants may submit a short video, via YouTube, of no more than 45 seconds, to support their application. The link to the video should be sent together with the application.
The deadline for submitting completed applications is Friday 19 June 2015.
Completed application forms must be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Council of Europe
- Social cohesion and equal opportunities